what does charityBay do?
charityBay is a not-for-profit online marketplace, with both a mobile application and website capabilities.
Our goal is to generate an additional revenue stream, that may once not have been previously available, and pass on this revenue to charities around Australia.
The basic concept is:
- one person uploads a useful unwanted item through charityBay to go to auction, and ultimately protecting our environment by reducing our overall hard waste.
- The seller (or donor) can choose between a 1, 5 or 7 day auction period.
- Users can then bid on the items, and once the successful sale has taken place at the end of the auction period, the revenue is sent onto the selected charity.
- Before the donor posts their item for auction, they will choose a charity of their choice to receive the benefits.
- The beneficiary charity will receive 95% of the revenue while chairtyBay retains 5%, purely to cover our operational costs.